The number of cars in our country is growing every year. More and more young people are getting a driving license. Unfortunately, at the same time, the quality of training of new drivers has significantly decreased.
Do you know what is one of the reasons that novice drivers feel so insecure behind the wheel? This is a shortage of competent instructors in driving schools who would train drivers who can drive safely in practice. You look around you on the road. You probably encounter inexperienced drivers every day, who, frankly speaking, is out of the blue on the road. And the reason for everything is that many of them are not ready to go on public roads after driving to school. We have collected basic tips for novice drivers that will help them gain experience faster and drive safely.
- Be sure to use the rearview mirror and side mirrors. Never forget to look in the rearview mirrors. This is especially true when you want to rebuild. However, you should not limit yourself to mirrors only. Before rebuilding, also turn your head in the direction of the maneuver to make sure that no other car is driving in the blind spot next to you.
- Don’t just look at the car in front of you. The mistake of many novice drivers is a small overview of the road situation in front of them. Usually, beginners look at the road directly in front of them or only at the car in front. But this is a mistake. You have to look far ahead, controlling the movement of cars going far ahead of you. Also, you should see all traffic lights, road signs, etc. in advance, so you will be able to adjust your speed in advance, and if necessary, you will have more time to brake.
- Don’t let other drivers distract your attention in traffic jams. Many novice drivers are very inattentive at the wheel due to the strong tension associated with natural stress. Therefore, novice drivers should be the least distracted at the wheel and not react to the provocations of other drivers.
There are even drivers who are not averse to playing a joke or making fun of novice motorists. But you should not react in any way to other drivers. This is especially true of traffic in traffic jams, where frequent accidents occur due to the fault of inexperienced drivers.
- Move slowly on narrow streets in courtyards, in front of schools, gardens, or in places where children play nearby. Keep in mind that children can be distracted and inattentive and they may not notice you. Plus, do not forget that children do not realize the danger of vehicles. Your car is just a big toy for them. So always strictly observe the speed limit. Especially in courtyards and residential areas. Also, since you are an inexperienced driver and may not have time to brake sharply in case of danger, it is better to move in such places at a minimum speed.
- You can listen to music in the car, but remember that it is more important to hear what is happening on the road. Adjust the volume of the music so that you can hear what is happening outside. So you will hear the signals of other cars and in case of danger, you will hear the screeching of brakes in time.
Sometimes this allows you to get away from the impact of another car in time. Also, do not forget that loud music is very distracting, which will affect your lack of attention.
- Do not endanger yourself by trying to change lanes or make way for someone who is driving at high speed
Many beginners are afraid of fans of fast driving like fire. Especially those who play checkers on the road. Unfortunately, there are a dime a dozen such speedy racers in our country. As a result, many beginners fall into a stupor when they see an approaching car playing checkers in the rear mirrors.
Many at the same time make a dangerous mistake, starting to rebuild with fright or clearing the way for a speeding car. But often this, on the contrary, leads to an accident. The thing is that those who drive at speed or play checkers usually think through their maneuvers in advance. If you suddenly change lanes in front of such a car, you can provoke an accident. You may simply not be noticed.
- Try not to drive alone at first. We know that many novice drivers, although they are afraid to drive alone for the first time, nevertheless prefer to do it without witnesses. Why? And the thing is that novice drivers are shy, shy, or just ashamed to drive in the presence of experienced drivers. Especially beginners do not like criticism, after which they start to get nervous, making even more mistakes. But in fact, driving alone for the first time is not a very right decision. Remember that in the early stages of your driving experience, it is still better to ride with people who have driving experience at first. So you can get a lot of good advice that you may not have learned from an auto instructor at a driving school. You will remember such advice later all your life.
- Always slow down when approaching traffic lights and intersections! If you are driving at an authorized traffic light signal, passing an intersection, or passing it on an empty road where there is no traffic light, always reduce your speed. If for some reason you cannot see the adjacent roads, then to safely cross the intersection, in some situations, you should stop to make sure that no one is rushing from the side. Also, always be extremely careful when passing an intersection. According to statistics, most of the accidents just happen at intersections. Remember that if you strictly comply with all traffic regulations, this does not mean that other drivers comply with the traffic regulations.
- Rainy weather is just as dangerous as speed. You should memorize the rule that bad weather conditions on the road pose the same danger as exceeding the set speed limit. For example, if you are driving in the rain, you should slow down and be extremely careful, as when driving on ice. Remember that even the permitted speed in bad weather can cause an accident.
- Be sure to keep a safe distance. Failure to observe the distance between cars is probably the most common mistake of all drivers without exception, which leads to an accident. Moreover, such mistakes are made by both beginners and more experienced drivers. You’ve probably seen accidents in the form of a train on the tracks.
- Call for a friend’s help. Ask an experienced driver to ride as a passenger with you, pay attention to errors, and advise on the side. In many countries, this is a prerequisite for beginners behind the wheel: in the first months, it is possible to ride only with the assistant. There is no such requirement in some countries, but this is a reasonable practice that is worth up for weapons. The main thing is to take into travel companions as phlegmatic friends who will not emotionally respond to your mistakes. A good driver and a good teacher are different roles.
- Avoid traffic jams. Movement in a dense stream at low speed only seems harmless. In fact, it strongly exhausts drivers and often leads to a small, but offensive accident. As long as you have little experience, plan the route and departure time to move on free roads. Google maps are here to help you.
- Forget about the smartphone. Beyond the wheel, the mobile phone is no less dangerous than alcohol: distracted by a couple of seconds, you can completely “fall out” from the road situation. By the way, traffic rules forbade the driver not to talk on the phone, but to use it – including writing messages, flipping social media, and taking selfies. It is possible to talk while driving only using the Wireless Hands-Free.
The reason for such collisions is the banal failure to observe the distance and speed limit under certain weather conditions. Therefore, you must remember that the correct distance to the car in front is the key to your safety and the safety of your passengers. Remember that there should be enough distance between you and the car in front of you so that you can have time to brake or change lanes if the car in front of you stops abruptly. If you are a novice driver and a student, you can find best services on reddit to improve your academics. That is the easiest way to succeed at College.
Here are tips that will make novice drivers bolder and increase their driving safety. Many students only start driving a car. They will greatly benefit from applying these tips, as well as from online paper help, they can check out coursework writing service for the details. Qualified writers will make student life much easier.
This article was written by Donald Mena, a professional essay writer