There is a good correlation between length and quality of life and one’s IQ. There is a lengthy presentation on this subject. In this post I want to focus on more practical aspects of healthy habits.
- When superlearning take regular breaks. I suggest to take for X min of work Y min of rest, when proportion of rest is increasing with the effort: 10/2, 20/5,45/15,90/45. I try not to go over 90 min of attention no matter what.
- Always be mindful of your body. If your eyes hurt – go outside and focus on horizon or as far as you can. If your head STARTS to heart, go to drink. If you feel your energy dropping, try eating an energy bar (or whatever is healthy for you). If your back hurts, you do not sit right etc.
- Breath deeply. Superlearning is like speed-walking. You need water, you need energy, but first of all you need oxygen.
- Get 6-8 hours of night sleep. And if that is not enough take naps during the day. If you cannot actually nap, try to focus on relaxing activities.
- Walk as much as you can. When walking, revisit your markers and links between them.
- Have good people around you, try to have some of them available for small-talk. If you can, master small-talking with strangers.
- If you are not in good health, this means you are probably doing something wrong. Try to understand what it is and hope it is not to late.